We do not rent, sell, exchange or provide personally identifiable information to any third-party organization.
Creating Optimism is committed to respecting and protecting your privacy as a visitor to our Website. We take the issue of privacy very seriously and value the trust you place in us each time you use our services and access this Website.
We follow a strict anti-spam policy. Our email practice complies with the US CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 legislation of January 1, 2004 and the Australian Spam Act 2003 of April 10, 2004.
Please review the following for further details. Note that details of the policy may change from time to time so please check back periodically.
What Information Do We Collect?
Permission-based Collection of Information:
We collect the following information with your permission:
* Members. The names, locations and e-mail addresses of those who create accounts allowing them to contribute to our forums and access restricted articles
* Polls and Surveys. User survey information
At Creating Optimism we respect our subscribers privacy. Your email address and personal information will not be sold or traded by us or any of the third-party we use to manage our surveys and email lists.
Automatic Collection of Information:
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the web site or download information, our system will automatically gather and store certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally and is used in an aggregate way to help us improve our web site and tell us the number of visitors to our site each day.
Our Web server automatically collects and records the following information:
* The visitor’s domain name, but not the e-mail address
* The visitor’s IP address
* Aggregate information on what pages are accessed
* The name and release number of web browser software used
* The operating system used
* Date and time the site was accessed
* The address of the Web site that linked to us (referrer URL)
How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
The information we gather on our website automatically and with your permission is used by us in the following ways:
* Monitor, review, measure, and analyze Web site utilization
* Modify and enhance the Web site, improve content and design
* Determine the need for new programs and services
* Respond to your requests
* Monitor and improve our customer service efforts
* Study general usage habits and demographic information for our own marketing research purposes
* Distribute news and other health information requested by Web visitors
* Notify visitors about updates to our Web site
* Determine the effectiveness of health promotion and marketing programs
E-Commerce, On-line Donations, and Online Shopping
At this time, we do not process credit card payments for donations, merchandise, or services on our Web site.
However we do use the services of third-party ecommerce system PayPal to collect personal identifying information and credit card information on our behalf so that we can accept payment for merchandise. Each time you make a purchase using PayPal you will leave our website and be directed to a SSL encrypted secure form provided byPayPal. We encourage you to review their privacy policies:
* PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_privacy-outside
We provide links to buy our books and certain products on Amazon.
* Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/468496/104-2776858-5651950
Many Web sites now use “cookies” to provide useful features to their visitors by providing customizable and personalized services.
Your browser software can be set to reject all cookies. Most browsers offer instructions on how to reset the browser to reject cookies in the Help section of the toolbar. You should know, however, that if you reject a cookie, certain functions and conveniences of a site may not work properly.
Security of Communications
We use the following practices on our Web site to enhance the level of security for communication and the transmission of personal information:
* We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of personally identifiable information that you may provide.
* We are not responsible for the privacy of email messages except those stored in our system.
* We have appropriate security measures in place in our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site