Based on the authors’ more than 20 years of research and practice, this unique, seven-step program challenges the conventional wisdom that healing occurs from the inside out. It shows that real change comes from building healthier relationships with other people, our own bodies, nature, and spirituality. The program can be used either without medications or in conjunction with them.
A proven, 7-step approach to beating depression and anxiety
Research has indicated that human beings’ natural inclination is toward optimism. So why are so many of us so unhappy? In this powerful self-healing guide, psychologist Bob Murray and therapist Alicia Fortinberry draw upon the latest findings in neurobiology, psychiatry, and evolutionary biology to reveal how the psychological and physical stresses of modern life overwhelm our natural healing mechanisms and foster depression and anxiety by separating us from what truly makes us human.
More important, in Creating Optimism, you’ll discover a revolutionary seven-step program for overcoming depression and anxiety that has proven far more effective than more traditional methods. Based on their more than two decades of research and practice, Murray and Fortinberry challenge the conventional wisdom that all psychological healing occurs from the inside-out, and explain how, by building healthier relationships with others, your body, nature, and spirituality, you can restructure neural pathways in your brain and promote new, healthier ways of thinking and behaving.
Armed with powerful charts, exercises, self-tests and action plans, you’ll:
- Identify your dysfunctional thinking and behaviors
- Use mind-body healing exercises techniques to restructure neural pathways in your brain and remove obstacles to your happiness
- Build and maintain healthy relationships
- Bind families, friends, and coworkers together in a healthy interconnectedness
- See past the false values engendered by modern society and find lasting fulfillment in what really matters
- Feel better about yourself and achieve more in your personal and professional life
- Beat depression and anxiety–permanently
“The book provides the opportunity to free yourself from depression by changing the way you go about living out your relationships”
“By stating what we really need from each other, as the book taught us to do, we’ve already improved our relationship a lot”
“I can thoroughly recommend “Creating Optimism” to anyone who suffers from anxiety and depression”
To read more fantastic reviews, please visit Amazon.